Yields: 4 main-dish servings
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 pound(s) flank steak, cut lengthwise in half and very thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoon(s) lower-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup(s) instant brown rice
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- In small bowl, toss beef with 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce.
- Thinly slice dark green tops from green onions and reserve for garnish; cut remaining white and light green parts into 1-inch pieces. Cook rice as label directs.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil on medium-high until hot. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute. Add green onion pieces, red pepper slices, and 2 tablespoons water; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to medium bowl. Keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining teaspoon oil until hot. Add half of beef; cook 1 minute or until beef just loses its pink color throughout, stirring. Transfer to bowl with peppers; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce to skillet; cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add to beef and vegetable mixture; stir to combine. Serve stir-fry over rice. Garnish with reserved green onions.