If made ahead, allow the butter to come to room temperature before spreading over the pork. You can also combine the oil and herbs a couple of hours in advance.
8 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop)
- 8 (7-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle both sides of pork evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Combine oil, chives, thyme, rosemary, and garlic, stirring well. Rub oil mixture evenly over both sides of pork. Place pork on grill rack; grill 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of pork registers 155°. Remove pork from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Combine butter, shallots, and lemon rind, stirring well. Spread about 1 teaspoon butter mixture over each pork chop; let the pork stand an additional 5 minutes.
- Fat:12.2g (sat 4.5g,mono 5.9g,poly 0.9g)