- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 envelope low sodium taco mix
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 cup chunky thick salsa (as hot as you like it)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1.5 cup uncooked instant rice
- Black pepper
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1.5 cup washed, dried, and shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato chopped
2. Stir in rice and pepper, cook for one minute. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for about six minutes.
Fluff misture with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese melts. Uncover and serve with lettuce and tomato.
Yield: 4 large servings