12 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup diced peeled Granny Smith apple (about 1 apple)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350°.
To prepare cake, lightly spoon 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk, melted butter, vanilla, and egg, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in apple. Pour batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
To prepare streusel, combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack before serving. Serve warm.
- Calories:197 (21% from fat)
- Fat:4.6g (sat 2.7g,mono 1.2g,poly 0.3g)