Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bacon-Tomato Linguine

This recipe came from a new book that I found; Cooking Light's SuperFast Suppers. I got the book today and I found numerous things that I would like to try right away! I will use SFS as a label for these recipes.

8 oz uncooked linguine
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (2.5 oz) package cooked bacon pieces (or 8 slices bacon), chopped
1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 c. fresh Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1/2 c. pasta water.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 2 minutes. Add bacon bits; saute 2 minutes. Add tomato, garlic and oregano; saute 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
Add pasta, reserved pasta water, salt and pepper. Stir well and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated adn liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.

YIELD: 4 servings

Nutrition facts:
Calories 301
Fat 11g
Sat Fat 3.6g
Protein 14.4g
Carb 37.1g
Fiber 2.8g
Chol 21mg
Sodium 745mg


**We all loved this, and it really was SUPER FAST! I think it took a total of 20-25 minutes from start to finish.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Just copied this recipe ... if I have time to pick up the tomatoes, I'll be making it today!!!

    ReplyDelete