This soup is great with grilled cheeses for the kids and garlic bread for the adults!!! I usually double the recipe. It is fast becoming one of our soup staples!
- Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 10m Total Time: 30m
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 32-ounce container low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 dried ancho chili, thinly sliced, or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 15-ounce can hominy, rinsed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, and chili and bring to a boil. Stir in the chicken and hominy and simmer until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with the lime.
- Per Serving
- Calories 271
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 66mg
- Sodium 788mg
- Protein 26g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 4g