This tasty side captures the flavor of ranch dressing without additional calories, fat, and sodium. Make these potatoes up to one day ahead, and refrigerate until just before serving. When you reheat them, you may need to add some additional buttermilk and sour cream to achieve a rich consistency.
12 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
- 13 cups cubed red potato (about 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
Place potato in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Place potato in a large bowl. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients; mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- Calories:197 (21% from fat)
- Fat:4.5g (sat 2.7g,mono 0.9g,poly 0.2g)