Total: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 slices center-cut bacon
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fresh pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1. To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk; set aside.
2. To prepare salad, cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Increase heat to medium-high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle turkey with salt. Add turkey to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until done.
3. Arrange 2 cups lettuce on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 2 teaspoons bacon, 5 tablespoons turkey, 2 tablespoons pico de gallo, 2 tablespoons avocado, 2 tablespoons queso fresco, 1 tablespoon onions, and about 1/3 cup beans. Drizzle vinaigrette evenly over salads.
- 13.6g (sat 2.5g,mono 7.2g,poly 3g)