**This takes a while to make, but well worth the time spent!! Kallen even liked it!!
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops, trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely ground
- 1 bacon slice
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 teaspoons diced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups finely trimmed chopped Swiss chard
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped peeled Granny Smith apple
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. To prepare pork, place chops in a shallow dish; drizzle evenly with Worcestershire. Combine salt, sage, and black pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 3/4 teaspoon salt mixture. Add walnuts to remaining salt mixture; toss well. Press walnut mixture onto both sides of pork chops. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Cook bacon slice in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Add pork chops to drippings in pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan.
3. To prepare rice, heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and next 3 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; cover and cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in reserved 3/4 teaspoon salt mixture, chard, mushrooms, and apple. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until carrot is tender. Stir in rice and 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a simmer; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in bacon. Place 1 cup rice mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 pork chop. Drizzle each serving with pan drippings, and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon parsley.
- 379 (35% from fat)
- 14.7g (sat 3.5g,mono 4.4g,poly 5.5g)