Fresh salsa simmers to create a surprisingly complex and zesty sauce in this quick entrée.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup pork mixture, 1/2 cup rice, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 3 tablespoons avocado)
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 3/4 cup cubed avocado
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Sauté for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add salsa and 1/4 cup water to pan; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve pork mixture over rice; top with sour cream and avocado.
- Fat:8.3g (sat 2.4g,mono 4.2g,poly 1g)