Nutty and buttery Pecan-Crusted Chicken and Tortellini with Herbed Butter Sauce is your winning solution to getting dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Recipe TimeTotal: 30 Minutes
- 2 (9-oz.) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 4 (4-oz.) chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten $
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese $
- 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place pecans in a shallow bowl. Place egg in a second bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Dredge chicken in pecans, pressing firmly to adhere.
- 3. Cook chicken in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet; wipe skillet clean.
- 4. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until garlic is caramel-colored and butter begins to turn golden brown. Immediately remove from heat, and stir in basil, parsley, and hot cooked tortellini. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately with chicken.
**This is a great recipe! I have made it for a couple of special occasions; it has a great presentation! Instead of frying in the skillet, though, I bake it in the oven for 25 minutes at 400. It doesn't get as browned, but it's a bit healthier and I think a lot easier!