2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. fresh oregano
1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 lb spaghetti or linguine
1/4 c. grated Grana Padano (or any other hard Italian cheese)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden brown, 2 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes. Simmer over very low heat for 30 mnutes, adding water by the 1/4 c. to keep sauce from becoming too thick.
3. Season with salt and pepper and reserve.
4. Cook pasta in a large pot of heavily salted boiling water; reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water.
5. Add pasta to reserved tomato sauce in saucepan and finish cooking pasta, 2-3 minutes, adding 1/4 c. pasta water to moisten if necessary.
6. Divide among 4 plates and garnish with basil leaves and grated cheese.
**Absolutely simple and delicious! Wonderful recipe and had everything in the pantry. (I just used Parmesan since I was using things from the pantry.)