- 2 pounds ground beef
- -1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook beef until brown; drain. Stir in onion and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes. Stir in beans, tomato juice, diced tomatoes and pumpkin puree. Season with pumpkin pie spice, chili powder and sugar. Simmer 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 409 | Total Fat: 16.4g | Cholesterol: 69mg
**We threw a Halloween party yesterday and served some great, festive foods! Here's the first one; I was reluctant to try, but it was a hit! A good chili for kids, if they don't like spicy as this is sweet. More recipes to come!