- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked polenta
- 4 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Remove sausage from casings. Add sausage to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove sausage from pan.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in sausage, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium; simmer gently for 15 minutes.
3. Bring broth and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add polenta, stirring well. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 20 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, cheese, and butter. Serve with sausage mixture.
- 18.7g (sat 8.4g,mono 8.5g,poly 1.4g)