- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- One 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeño chiles, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Mexican beer, such as Corona
- One 15.25-ounce can corn kernels, rinsed
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, rinsed
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Reheat leftover filling and serve with tortilla chips.
In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Stir in the black beans and jalapeños and cook, lightly mashing the mixture against the side of the pan, for 2 minutes.
Stir the beer into the black bean mixture and bring to a boil. Cook, continuing to mash, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the corn and tomatoes and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice; set aside.
Lay the tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle the cheese in the center and spoon about 1/4 cup bean mixture on top. Fold the tortilla burrito-style.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the burritos folded side down in the skillet and cook until browned, about 1 minute on each side.