- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (3-ounce) Hawaiian rolls, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and halved
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces thinly sliced 33%-less-sodium ham
- 2 ounces thinly sliced deli roasted turkey breast
Combine oil and garlic.
Spread cut sides of rolls evenly with mustard. Place 1 cheese slice, 2 bacon halves, 3 pickle slices, and 1/2 teaspoon cilantro on bottom half of each roll. Divide ham and turkey evenly among bottom halves of rolls; top each serving with 1 cheese slice and top half of roll. Brush garlic oil evenly over outside of rolls.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches, and press gently to flatten. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook). Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Garlic oil gives these sandwiches a crisp, flavorful crust. Hawaiian rolls provide a slightly sweet contrast to the salty ham, pickles, and mustard. To make this easy supper even quicker to prepare, use precooked bacon. Serve with banana peppers.
- Calories:432 (30% from fat)
- Fat:14.5g (sat 6.3g,mono 4.1g,poly 1.2g)
**These sandwiches are awesome! Very quick and easy, everyone liked!