Sunday, February 27, 2011
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 cup coleslaw mix
2 10 inch tortillas
2 cups spinach leaves
6 ounces sliced roast beef
4 ounces sliced deli cheddar cheese
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and horseradish. Fold in the coleslaw mix. Dividing evenly, top two tortillas with spinach, roast beef, and cheddar. Roll up tightly, folding in the sides.
Wrap and refrigerate for up to one day. Makes two tortillas.
This is tasty and fast! A little spicy for the kids, but Jensen picked the meat and cheese out of it! Great side to a soup!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked polenta
- 4 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Remove sausage from casings. Add sausage to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove sausage from pan.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in sausage, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium; simmer gently for 15 minutes.
3. Bring broth and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add polenta, stirring well. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 20 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, cheese, and butter. Serve with sausage mixture.
- 18.7g (sat 8.4g,mono 8.5g,poly 1.4g)