This chicken spaghetti casserole is low and calories and can easily be made ahead. The recipe makes two casseroles so enjoy one for dinner and freeze the other for later. To prepare the frozen casserole, cover and bake for 55 minutes at 350°; uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Yield: 2 casseroles, 4 servings each (serving size: about 1 cup)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups uncooked spaghetti noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces (about 7 ounces)
- 1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed 30% reduced-sodium 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine broth, salt, pepper, and soup in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add soup mixture to chicken mixture; toss. Divide mixture evenly between 2 (8-inch) square or (2-quart) baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over each casserole. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Calories:261 (27% from fat)
- Fat:7.8g (sat 3.9g,mono 2.2g,poly 1.1g)